Sunday, November 16, 2014

Build your own gourmet salad at home for much less

A greek gourmet salad at home
 
I know it sounds weird, but I hate to eat lunch!  Most people hate to eat breakfast, but I find that I struggle with lunch!  My kids are creatures of habit and tend to eat the same things day after day.  I do not like to eat the same thing 2 times in a row.  My husband jokes that in the 12 years we have been together I have never cooked the same thing twice.  This is not entirely true, but I probably only have 5-8 things I will cook more than once.  I love food and recipes and am always creating new ones to try and share.  I get bored easily so I like variety! 
I buy my veggies from a local farm at the farmers market once a week.  They are an organic and non-GMO farm and provide my family with more than enough veggies to feed us for a week!  Pictured is my salad that is my "go to" lunch when I need to pack something while I am on the go! 
 
Gourmet salad recipe:
Lettuce of your choice (preferably not iceberg because it does not have any nutritional value)
cucumber sliced
bell pepper diced
grilled chicken shredded
feta cheese crumbled
artichoke hearts chopped (I have a artichoke spread I buy at Trader Joes that I love and it's what's pictured here)
black olives
salt and pepper to taste
homemade dressing (optional)
 
*the dressing I like to make that's quick and easy is:
olive oil, Dijon mustard, dried parsley flakes, lemon juice
combine and shake well 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment