Monday, March 25, 2013

I'm not good at waiting

Today has been a week since I mailed off my spit test to the lab.  I emailed the holistic healthcare professional I am going to be working with and she said as soon as she has the results she will be in touch.  How long does it take to analyze a person's spit?  As you can tell, I am NOT good at waiting!  I am a type A, lets get it done, move over your doing this too slow, kinda person.  Since I am at the mercy of something I cannot control, I guess I need to practice my deep breaths and learn some patience!
Not sure if I mentioned this before or not, but I was diagnosed with scoliosis at the age of 11.  Now that I am in my mid 30s, I have started to really develop some health related problems as a result of my spine being shaped like an S.  The chiropractor said that the adrenal fatigue was also a result of my lumbar spine being curved 37 degrees.
The chiropractor I see specializes in scoliosis correction, thank goodness, but I am in the beginning phases of some intense correction therapy.  Can we say...I feel like I have the lower back of an 80 year old.  Although I practice yoga 3-5 times a week, I now think I should be doing it 3 times a day!  That seems to be the major release of the tightness and inflammation I feel in my lower back.  I guess the saying "No pain, No gain", rings true to my life right now.  But the fact that I have also gained almost 5 pounds doesn't make me very happy.  According to the book I read on Adrenal Fatigue, this is a common problem, holding extra weight in your torso and upper thighs.  Yep!  That's me to a tee.  It will not budge.  This makes me even more anxious and ready to have a plan that I can put into action TODAY!!!
Yet, I am waiting and being taught to "be still".  Very hard lesson for me to learn.  If you are reading this and you are willing, please pray that I will be more patient and learn to relax, accept what I cannot control and be able to be still, so I can hear any instructions on how to heal myself from this syndrome!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment